Monday, April 5, 2010

The Piano Man

I was driving to the mall in my dads truck today. I took the back road. In Maryland the back road is like a winding road that never ends. So I took it. To look at scenery and to just drive for a bit. Just ride. Have alone time with myself which is always healthy. So the truck does not have a cd player. So I am stuck listening to the radio. And because I am not your average person I was listening to the oldies station, just because. Today was hot. I had my arm hanging out the window. No air. Just the road, me and Billy Joel. Billy Joel is a singer. And the station played his song called the piano man. Which made me think the whole way to the mall. It was just a long story. The song was about a man who worked at a bar and played the piano for people who came in. And he told there stories. And explained how everyone was there at the bar to escape for a bit. And how they were all there drinking loneliness, and how its better than drinking alone. Why this old song touched me, I have no idea. Maybe it is because everyone was depressed but happy for the time being. It was beautiful. I love the song. Im listening to it now. Repeat of course.

Bout to go email Greg. Nite Peoples

"And the manager gives me a smile,cause he knows that it’s me they’ve been comin’ to see, To forget about life for a while.." Billy Joel - Piano Man


No comments:

Post a Comment