Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Graveyard Of Ships

Above water I am nothing
Im a single ripple from the wave
Never the foam that rages against the rocks
My wraith is heavy like no winds
Sail boats sail but never my way
I am invisible to the sea

Above the ocean I am nothing
I am a stone that sinks to the bottom
Seagulls fly pass me and laugh to there expense
Next to a seashell I am a plain stone
They get put in the pocket while I am tossed aside
I am the salt in the air people spit out
I am the ugly cloud on a bright ocean sky

Above the pier I am nothing
People walk my boardwalk and hold hands together
Im the lawn chair on the beach that remains empty
I am smart
I know I will never be as bright as the sun
or as shiny as the oceans tides that yell his name...

But down there I am something
Anchors drag me down into the darkest part of the sea
Down there I am with you

We hold hands and walk the black sands
Coral wrapped around our toes
Here we are together
Here someone loves me
Here I am at peace
with him by my side
Down Below I am something

We dance a slow love song made by the whales
I loved you more and more, As we dance around the graveyard of ships
That sunk to the oceans floor
To never to see the light of day again...
with you....

you.


No comments:

Post a Comment